It is not that challenging to understand what locksmith does, but still, people are frequently misunderstanding and misrepresenting what they do. You can find numerous myths that are made in this particular line of work.
You will see that TV shows and movies are portraying them as the people that can break through locks with ease, and some people even think that locksmiths are copying keys and keeping with them.
You do not have to think like it because these are all interpretations and have no basis in reality. When finding appropriate locksmith (Slotenmaker). We have to debunk this myth in this particular article.
Most Common Myths
- They Never Keep Key Copies – It is vital to understand that most locksmiths can help you make a key based on your wishes and preferences, but they do not have it in the pocket every single time. Most people think that they can see the locksmith and that he will help them make a key from standing position. This is not something that has any logic since most of them function based on request and service that you create. As soon as you give your locksmith your key to make you a copy, they will trace the pattern onto the blank key, and they will provide you both of them when they finish the process. You will be able to watch the entire process during the procedure so that you can make sure that he does not make another copy at the same time.
- They Perform Only House Calls – This is another myth that we have to tell you that it is not true, mainly because most of them will have the ability to help you deal with instant solutions that they have from commercial to automotive services. Therefore, they do not perform only house calls. Of course, they will come to any home with the arsenal of equipment and install commercial locks wherever you are.
- They Have Working Hours – Of course, they have working hours, that is a fact, but most services nowadays will provide you 24/7 availability especially in case of emergency. Therefore, you should choose the one that will be available all the time so that you can deal with the problem when it arrives because the issues do not wait a time of day to happen. Therefore, they will be available as soon as you get them, but some of them may charge you extra for calling after midnight. On the other hand, you should remember that if you have issues on whether you should replace locks or not, you should check out with professional locksmith next to you so that you can get the help you need. The idea is to make sure that professional will guide through every single step so that you can gain more trust and avoid worrying about security. You will obtain exceptional assistance, but you have to find the best locksmith in your area.
You should click here if you wish to learn more on locks.
To Replace Or Rekey Locks?
This is the common question most people are asking, and if the previous owner decided to install the locks, you do not have to call a locksmith.
Rekeying is the process of changing the configuration code of your locks that you already have so that you can use a new key to open them.
It means that you will be able to increase the feeling of security, especially if you know that you are the only one that has the key. You should learn the benefits of doing it such as:
- It will save you a significant investment that you would pay for entire lock hardware
- You can rekey complete locks with the same key so that you can avoid carrying dozens of them
- You will rest assured because you will know that no one can enter and gain access to your property
Check out this link: https://www.wikihow.com/Rekey-a-Lock to learn how to rekey a lock by yourself.
On the other hand, you may consider changing your locks instead of rekeying it. In case that your lock is in poor order, or it has a tear and wears, you should do something about it. By changing locks, you will also improve the security of your household.
In both cases, you should consult with your locksmith before you make up your mind.