After a busy and stressful day, you need to get a deep and restful night sleep. As such you need to have a good mattress that offers the comfort and support you need while sleeping.
If there is one good decision you can make then it would be to choose the best memory foam mattress.
Well, there are several reasons why we recommend buying a memory foam mattress. First, memory foam is made with ultra-supportive material. Secondly, it offers support for your neck, hips, and shoulders. Without a good mattress you can’t get a good night’s sleep and this can be detrimental to your health.
We don’t want you to suffer from sleep deprivation illnesses and that’s why we have prepared this short guide to educate you on how to choose the best memory foam mattress.
The ordinary mattresses we used to sleep on in the past are either too soft or too hard. Memory foam mattresses are not only comfortable to sleep on but they also offer maximum support to your whole body while you are sleeping.
However, there are a few things you need to know before you buy your memory foam mattress. Knowing what to look for will help you to choose the best cooling blanket and the same applies when looking for your memory foam mattress.
1. Consider Your Sleeping Style
When buying a memory foam mattress, it’s important to choose one that is comfortable for your sleeping style.
Although other factors can make you wake up with back or neck pains, the key is the mattress you are sleeping on. And while a memory foam mattress can solve this problem, choosing one that is firm enough for your sleeping style is crucial.
If you sleep on your back, choose a medium-firm mattress, if you sleep on your stomach; choose a mattress that is firm enough. Lastly, if you sleep on your sides, choose a soft mattress.
2. Understand the Different Foam Types
When you see them for the first time, you might not notice the difference but there are different types of memory foam that offer specific benefits. Unfortunately, many of the best mattress review sites classify them as the same thing.
Essentially, there are three different types of memory foam namely traditional, open cell, and gel. You need to learn about each one of them so that you can choose the right one for yourself easily. So here they are:
- Gel memory foam-Gel memory foam resembles the comfortable inserts youwould put inside your shoes to make them comfortable and to allow air circulation. The gel formulation is also helpful to keep away heat. This makes gel foam mattresses the best option for hot sleepers.
- Traditional- Traditional memory foam is designed in a way that it makes you sink into the material. This type of memory foam is a little bit softer than gel memory foam. Unlike the gel foam memory, traditional memory foam does retain heat and so it might not be suitable for hot sleepers.
- Open cell– This type of memory foam has sturdy support that makes the whole mattress a lot more firm. This type of memory foam regulates temperature, so it is better than traditional or gel memory foams.