Do you ever wish to give your home a makeover without spending too much money? Well, this idea crosses the mind of many homeowners. Who doesn’t like beautiful spaces renovated without breaking the bank? If you are willing to get yourself engaged in little work and want to revamp your home with your style, then our listed DIY ideas will help you. These improvement ideas won’t cost much of your time and savings.
1. Do Away With Fixtures: Swap old fixtures in your room. New fixtures can do a lot for your room, and you have to try it to witness the magic. You can replace the old Edison bulbs with the new and contemporary ones in the market. Change the old fans with the new ones. Go with colour coordinated fans which are modern and efficient. If your budget allows, you can hang a chandelier as well from the ceiling over the bed. You can make the chandelier at home also. Browse Youtube and Pinterest for ideas.
2. Yellow Glow in the house: Speaking of the ambience and vibe; you surely want something warm and cosy. Get your white bulbs substituted with the yellow ones. Opt for LED lights and bulbs in yellow hues because they are cost-saving and long-lasting. You can install dimmers in the room and control the brightness as per your preference.
3. Bring Greenery Indoors: Flowers and Plants have the power to brighten up the bland corners of the home. You do not have to spend much; bring in some potted plants. Place them in the corners you want to highlight. In some places, you can have vases of fresh yellow flowers and blooms in other colours. Then, if you are a black thumb, go with tolerant plants like succulents, terrariums or artificial ones.
4. A Fresh Coat of Paint: Paints can enliven the setting. Play with colours. Introduce an accent wall to the common space or to your bedroom. Also, paint the ceilings. For brighter spaces, add a pop of bright colour here and there. Touch up the points where the existing paint is peeling off or chipped. Also, paint your kitchen cabinets.
5. Utilise Corners: We all have corners in the home that we don’t know what to do with. One simple and practical DIY is to have floating shelves and cabinets. You will have a lot of storage space that looks organised and stylish. If you do not want to buy new cabinets and shelves, reuse the old furniture or wood to make new ones on a budget.
6. Reuse old furniture in a new way: There comes a point where we get tired of seeing the old table and chair. But the cost involved in bringing new furniture is quite expensive, and we have to satisfy ourselves with the old ones. Not anymore, you can upgrade your old furniture into creative options. Change the cover of the sofa and chair seats; cabinets can be remoulded into something else.
By implementing these DIY ideas, give your home a new look on a budget. For more such ideas, keep revisiting.